Sunday, February 19, 2006

Once upon a time in Texas

Thanks to sharp-eyed school librarian, Jan Moore, in Ft. Bend ISD, I landed on this link to a nice article, "Once Upon a Time in Texas: Children's Literature with a Texas Twist," which appears in Texas Co-op Power. Nice review of books about and from Texas authors. It is nice to see some of my favorites like Galveston's Summer of the Storm by Julie Lake,
Horned Toad Canyon
(pair it with The Horned Toad Prince by Jackie Mims Hopkins,) Miss Lady Bird's Wildflowers, Susanna of the Alamo by John Jakes (yes, that John Jakes) and so many more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Camille, for pointing out this piece, which I printed out. Very interesting--looks like a good list. I thought the magazine laid out the artiicle nicely, too. Hats off to the art director!

Camille said...

I thought the same thing about the format! Kuddos to the art director and copy editor.