Friday, April 14, 2006

More Joey! Yippee!

The Book Standard reports that a surprise 4th Joey Pigza book is on the way!

Gantos said:
“I was writing one novel in the front of my journal and yet every day I was jotting down odd notes about Joey in the back of my journal,” Gantos said in a press release. “After a few months the random notes began to form a cohesive story and I came to realize I had an unforeseen Joey Pigza story on my hands. I’ve since flipped the journal over and have turned my full attention to Joey.”

I am a tremendous Jack Gantos fan. I was so happy to hear this news. He deserves the money.
In addition to the upcoming I Am Not Joey Pigza, Farrar, Straus & Giroux has signed a high-six-figure deal with Gantos for a new four-book series, set to launch in Fall 2008. The audience for the new series is younger middle-grade. FSG will also release Gantos’s The Love Curse of the Rumbaughs, in May.

No comments: