Thursday, December 07, 2006

Alas: Foxtrot



My standard of living takes another hit today as I learn that Bill Amend will cease daily publication of his comic strip, Foxtrot, on Dec. 30. He will continue a Sunday strip.

"After spending close to half of my life writing and drawing FoxTrot cartoons, I think it's time I got out of the house and tried some new things," he said in a statement. "I love cartooning, and I absolutely want to continue doing the strip, just not at the current all-consuming pace."

I love this comic strip. The whole Fox family in their daily nuttines reflects daily life in MY family.

When The Fellowship of the Ring movie was on the horizon, Jason donned his hobbit cloak and waited in line to buy tickets. I always remember the Sunday strip of the Lord of the Rings Christmas tree. You gotta love a guy who titles one of his books, Orlando Bloom Has Ruined Everything.

I will look forward to Sundays in 2007.

1 comment:

SilberBook-Blog said...

I know. My son will be distraught as soon as I tell him - I never cared for the strip until he started finding it funny. Through the eyes of a 12 year old I refound my appreciation for the daily trials and tribulations of the family.

We shall have to savor the Sunday ones.

alan